The main objective of the NETLIPSE project is to improve the management, organisation and execution of "Large Infrastructure Projects" (LIPs), and in particular TEN-T projects.
The NETLIPSE project will:
- Expand and support the NETLIPSE network by organising activities to actively promote knowledge exchange regarding execution LIPs through various communication means and publications;
- Developing a model ("Infrastructure Project Assessment Tool" - IPAT), with the objective to increase the effectiveness of large infrastructure project by reducing the risk of cost overruns and time delays, and improving the implementation of transport infrastructure policies.
The IPAT will allow:
- Member States, project managers and project promoters to increase the certainty of successful execution of projects, and;
- the EU, local governments, the EIB and Worldbank to monitor and evaluate projects (ex ante and ex post) in a systematic way, and;
- will provide information on research forecasts and future research demands.
The IPAT will be open and free of charge (or at a reasonable cost) to the public.
The NETLIPSE network focuses on creating added value through knowledge exchange by sharing, discussing and disseminating best practices and lessons learnt. The information gathered will be used in the development of the "Infrastructure Project Assessment Tool".
This project has been completed.
Total project cost covered by this Decision:
Percentage of EU support:
Download the Info Sheet about this project:
.pdf (153.6 KB)
|Click map to view enlarged version|
Member States involved:
ultimately all Member States
Start date: June 2008
End date: December 2010
Beneficiaries & Implementing bodies:
Ministry of Transport, Public Works and Water Management (Netherlands)
Department for Transport (UK)
European Commission, DG MOVE